Hudson RCI Pediatric Anesthesia Breathing Circuits by Teleflex Medical: Class I Recall - Circuit Ends May Crack or Break
The FDA has announced a report that the ends of the Hudson RCI Anesthesia Breating Circuits may crack or break before or during use. This could cause serious health risks, including delayed patient treatment, breathing difficulties, or death if not replaced immediately.
Manufacturing Dates: March 2013 to July 2014
Distribution Dates: June 2013 to May 2014
RECOMMENDATION: On September 8, 2014, Teleflex Medical sent customers an Urgent Medical Device Recall letter explaining the device problem and actions to be taken. See complete list of recalled devices.
Teleflex Medical recommends the following actions:
- Stop using the devices.
- Remove the devices from inventory and stop distribution.
- Return the Recall Acknowledgement Form included with the letter.
- Notify any customers who may have received the devices through re-distribution.
Healthcare professionals and patients are encouraged to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of these products to the FDA's MedWatch Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program:
- Complete and submit the report Online: www.fda.gov/MedWatch/report.htm
- Download form or call 1-800-332-1088 to request a reporting form, then complete and return to the address on the pre-addressed form, or submit by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178